Tuesday 4 December 2012

Infinite Regress

Fractals.

That controversial new area introduced into the game about 2 weeks ago.

I admit, I do enjoy playing them. They're innovative, and don't rely on lame mechanics to buff difficulty. At least at the lower areas.

That said - I have been staying out of them for the most part.

My connection hates the Fractals. And when it's not my connection, it's my computer. No reconnects in Fractals means that I'm not willing to waste my time in them.

I ventured in last night, with the aim of getting my monthly fractals done. The whole journey was permeated by a sinking feeling akin to that of watching a father chase his kids around with a power tool. You know it's not going to end well.

So, in a nutshell, I'm now on to level 3 Fractals. However, due to yet another crash and burn brought to you by Fractals (tm), I'm only on 6/7 for my Fractal monthly completion. Maybe some kind of 'fuuuuuu' picture would be appropriate here, but I've been burnt by Fractals and their lack of reconnect often enough now that I'm resigned to not being able to progress through them at a sensible rate. Like I'm resigned to having to empty out the cat litter tray every day. Plus, I can't be bothered to google a suitably amusing picture that encapsulates my feelings on this.

It probably shouldn't be that way, but there you go. I'll probably venture in once more to get my monthly done, and then I'll be back to boycotting them until reconnects are implemented for them like every other dungeon in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment